Saturday, September 20, 2008

Taarein Zameen Par...

I got 22 in Mechanics of Solids (further it’ll be referred as mechsol), one of the most dreaded and least sought after course in BITSian timetable. It leverages me to av+2 position, or to speak in simple Gandhian terms, av+1.9055(No, not the one with a lathi and dhoti, this dude from Delhi is generally seen with a sniper or AK-47 and is commonly found in the vicinity of KR-277, to be specific, $kull/li8 for the CS fraternity). Easily said and done. Huh??
For the starters, this is my first av+ score in mechanics related course. Except me and the Almighty, no one has even slightest of idea that how miserable I am in what Newtons and Shashi Ranjans considered as their dawg. Despite my earnest attempts, I won’t be able to make you people believe two things.... one, mechanics is a total OHT for me and for my compadres on 8th night, I was “royally” normal. Now, I can understand how and what Ishan Awasthi felt (Now, don’t tell me you forgot him). Same as him, every question of mechsol brought a totally new era for me, it concocted a complete new world, a world where all the wedges, pulleys, ropes, beams, hinges are sometimes chit-chatting and sometimes fighting each other.
Block to rope-"Hey buddy, what about your tension? This weight attached to me is way above my capacity....."
Floor to ladder-"Dude!!! How much more distance this man will travel before you lie flat on me..."
Many a times, I tried diving in their world to get the answers (same as Ishan Awasthi, remember???). But, to no avail.
So, it boils down to one simple thing, which I have accepted with my heart and my brain- Mechanics is so not mine. I am as miserable at it, as Tushar Kapoor is at acting. No matter what, we aren’t gonna learn a thing in the above-mentioned fields. Sometimes, I laugh at myself, when I remember the numerous times, I have tried to avoid the mechanics questions hurled at me by Class 11 students at Gyan Vihar. Every time, I thought of some new excuse. But this time, I have decided to tell them the truth.
80% of the mechsol course is still left in my life. Even if I leave aside my contribution, I have my whole wing standing behind me for support. Except one (the 10 P), all of them were rounded off in C and D. Right now, I am least bothered about the grades. I just want this torture to get over asap. And, I want to remind one more thing to my professors and friends- "Every child is special"

Hail Newton!!! Hail Mechanics!!! Hail Robin Keshaw!!!

3 comments:

  1. dunno about newton and mechanics but hail robin keshaw...for lamenting so nicely even after scoring av+

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog rocks yaar..........keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha amechsol hi bas jhea na apne...mech walon ko advance mechsol bhi jhelna hota hai,,,,,khair acha picha chuta apka mechsol se

    ReplyDelete