Monday, February 1, 2010

The Life that Was

Yup..Hiatus is the word. Ignoring the fact that I was too busy last sem(Yeah, you morons, I indeed was)let's simply move ahead. I studied in Delhi Public School, R K Puram for 2 years. Yeah, yeah, the same famous DPS, RKP. Yeah, they were my batch mates. No, I was in Science section, they were commerce students. May be, just for a fleeting moment, but not sure.

I hope most of you have got the answers you wanted. It’s there on tip of my tongue. And, I’m not tired answering all the stupefied faces for past 3 years and am more than happy quenching their thirst. Well, I’m not gonna talk about DPS, RKP anymore. What I’ll be concentrating on is DPS, RKP Boy’s Hostel, 2004-06 batch. For an outsider, words may not suffice to exemplify the experience which I had, during my 2 year stay. But, I am gonna give it a try.

I will start with a formal intro of few characters, as they will be in and out of the story intermittently.

Oxy-

काली- मूछें जिसकी, लाल- आँखें,
छुप- कर सुनता रहता, हम सबकी बातें....

These are the introductory lines of the ode composed by us in honour of Mr. N Suresh aka Oxy. Those discerning red eyes, that astute mind, the hirsute but agile body with a roaring voice. This was our head warden whose presence was enough for a fresher to wet his pants. Although a few months later, one gets habituated of oxy, but he’s the lone ranger fighting 100 odd imps, who had countless weapons of mischief and destruction(WMD) in their armoury. His favourite punch lines- “तू गंध है, गंध ... बोझ है दुनिया पर” , “pack your bags and go to home, immediately”, terming our every action as those similar to dogs and his quick witted humor are still clear in our conscience. But, oxy was a very good person at heart and that was reason no one hated him, ever.

Saini-

With a PhD in Physical education, our proud-to-be-Jat Vice Principal, Dr. D R Saini was the caretaker of our hostel. He had the complete monopoly over boys’ hostel. He didn't hesitate in abusing wardens and students. To cut story short, he was an asshole, he hated students and students reciprocated the same way.

Mr. Dey-

Most lethargic of all the wardens, seen only after the meals with a parcel of ice cream or chicken secretly smuggled from our mess, he rarely cared to poke his nose in hostel’s affairs. People say a lot of things about him, but I respect him for teaching me programming(I barely managed to pass in my 1st term computer paper in Std 11)

Bakshi Sir-

Simply the best of them all, Bakshi Sir was everyone’s darling. Sweet, spectacled guy with an innocent smile, he never did anything wrong to earn anyone’s ire. Very candid with everyone, Sir easily commaned respect from the students. At some point of time, Sir had helped every one of us.

Shekhar Kamina-

I don’t know how he was known to the outside world, but inside hostel boundaries he was just shekhar kamina and even more. With his blood dripped in wickedness and toady eyes looking for an easy prey to quench his sycophancy, he was the most despised one second only to saini.
This was the formal intro guys. Let's move ahead with the story, which will be mostly narration of sorts. Look out for the next post...

1 comment: