Monday, August 18, 2008

My Train Journey Part-II

Prologue- My Train Journey Part-I
I woke up again at 4 pm. I could clearly remember the disastrous “before the sleep” incident. I wasn’t feeling well. So, I took the book (The Three Mistakes of My Life) and started. Book was quite a time pass with all the melodrama in the world deeply imbibed in it. Despite all the distractions during a train journey, I finished the book in a record six hour time. Ok...all the nerds and dweebs, don’t laugh. This is a personal best for me. Although I am a shallow reader, I enjoyed the story. At least it helped me in spending my time, which in the given context was a nut-cracking job. I was getting more worried about the day ahead. How would I spend it, with no masala in it.
Anyways, I woke up at around 11 am, only to find some college students chatting and chirping in the next compartment. Now, that is one hell of a time pass. They started with CCD, its strategic location, its merits and demerits. Then, they moved on to malls and then Bangalore. One spectacled guy was constantly pestering others and demanding for change of the topic. I cursed him. But, somehow, his request was obliged. They started playing “Chiriya urr, Maina urr....”. Even, I wanted to join them. One of the girls suggested “Dash Cosh Single Bulbul Master”. It brought back the memories of childhood. There were numerous such indoor games and then there was time and heart for it. Oh, now I don’t want to get in to “cursing adulthood” mode. I twitched my body to continue my prying work. To my surprise, I found out that my slight distraction for a minute or two has taken their conversation to a drastic level. Now, they were discussing something crap and the spectacled guy was looking the happiest and the busiest. His hand movements and the satisfaction on his face was a clear indication of his genius. Now, I’ll have to find some other activities for passing time as I still don’t know anything other than the spelling of these terrifying terms- FORCE!!! GRAVITY!!! Frickkk...
I have other better things to do. I have my “no frills” Nokia cell phone and my wrist watch and my eyes and my ears. There are so many things in the world for gen tp. As Sukki and Vishnu had explained- after they were tired of searching each and every folder of their P-3 desktop at their PS(they were provided with one without internet connection), they used to animate Microsoft Office assistant and then laugh over it. Phew!!! This was the height of tp and only a BITSian can excel in it. To prove this, I took out my cell phone. I started with my inbox, drafts and sent items, moved onto admiring my contact list, checked out all the settings. Then I resorted to changing themes and profiles. Enough, this damn thing is not interactive at all. Then, I tried doing something which I’m good at, i.e. appreciating beauty. For God’s sake, first I tried looking for it outside the window. Believe me... Only then, I searched for it inside the train. But it was sitting some two compartments away from me. So, Bhagwan jee didn’t left me with any other option. Slowly, I fell asleep.
End of Day-2.... Not the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment