Friday, August 8, 2008

Pilot

Have you ever sniffed words like procrastination, cunctation, shilly-shallying, etc? NO!!!!!!

I adore these words and they are quite intrinsic to my nature. The most recent one which I am talking about is having a blog of my own. The thought struck me when I was alarmingly prone to it, i.e. in 2-1(for non-BITSians, it was the fall of 2007). No classes, no work, no padhai-likhai. I was completely vella. And blogging was the in thing at that time. It seemed BITSians had slogged hard enough in their summer vacations to bring blog-o-mania. Status messages were flooded; lachcha sessions were deluged with blog gup-shup. But I pretended to be busy. That’s where my procrastination began. And it took me umpteen days to realise it on one midsummer’s day. In between ideas were poured in, dictionaries were explored, blogs were analysed to bring out the product, but all in vain. Ok....enough of hype!!!! About the dream....I was taking a siesta. All of a sudden, I woke up and realised something weird has happened in my dream. I don’t know whether it was my brain’s concoction or some kind of divine intervention, I realised that I have seen something strange in my dreams. It was- I have written my blog, which has become inordinately famous. Everyone is congratulating me. I have become a hero of sort. And a great personality is about to felicitate me. Lo and behold!!! It’s Barney from HIMYM (in technical terms Neil Patrick Harris). And suddenly, all of it was gone. I don’t know who deployed Barney to felicitate me and that too in my dream. Back to temporal senses, I saw Sukki penning his thoughts in diary. And I realised.......it’s the time. Better late (Oh...late seems to be too minuscule......couldn’t find better word) than never. I took the pen and here I am with my first blog entry.

So, it took me one ephemeral “Midsummer’s Day Dream” to break off my procrastination. I think in everyone’s life, there are some silly, weird acts which make some kind of procrastination a passe. What was yours????

4 comments:

  1. nice blog.............
    keep it up....
    your are never late for a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool beginning bro!!
    did sukki inspired u in real life to write a blog
    so i must go and watch for his blog
    whr is it????
    http://stretch-out.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.stretch-out.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey...if u wl kp on writing lik dis...i think d day wont b far away wen ur mid summer's day wl turn into reality.....nt wid Barney fecilitating u ofcourse....:)....mite b sm gr8 personality....no doubt...may b i...:)...kp on writing bro....

    ReplyDelete